Friday 2 May 2008

Being too religious


I am a confirmed agnostic. I believe simply that as humans, we are not capable of understanding what happens beyond our own life, so we should just wait and see what happens. That being said, nothing annoys me more than having people attempt to force their own beliefs upon me. Twice at busstops I have been standing waiting only to have people force leaflets into my hand and tell me that I'm going to Hell if I dont convert to their religion.


Even though I'm not specifically atheist as I would like to believe in something beyond life, one of my prefered quotes on the subject comes from an atheist."And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence." - Bertrand Russell ( http://www.atheistempire.com/ )

No comments: